The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

playing with asteroids
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruiser1

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Sternbach wrote:
That's really mind blowing! Very Happy If it's not too much to ask, could you give step-by-step instruction for the benefit of the readers of this forum on how to install the relevant ephemeris files and do the calculations you outlined for a particular chart?

Sure thing! Smile To display and filter asteroid lists in Astrolog, do the following:
  • 1) Download ephemeris files: All 600,000 asteroid files can be downloaded from astro.com. However let's start with just the first 1000. Wink The first 1000 ephemeris files can be downloaded all together from the "Optional Downloads" section of the Astrolog download page at: http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ephem/asteroid/epheast0.zip
  • 2) Install ephemeris files: Unzip and put these ephemeris files in your Astrolog install directory. I prefer putting them in a subdirectory of it, and then editing the "FILE PATHS" section of the astrolog.as default settings file to point to that directory.
  • 3) Display asteroids: Inside Astrolog, do "Edit / Enter Command Line" and type or copy/paste in "-XE 5 1000" (minus the surrounding quotes). That will display asteroids #5 through #1000 in various Astrolog charts, such as local horizon, solar system orbit (with an example in the animation above), and chart sphere. (Asteroids #1 through #4 are already covered by the standard Ceres through Vesta objects.) Also, in "Graphics / Graphics Settings" you may want to turn on "Show Big Dots" and "Label With Name" at the bottom of the dialog, to display the asteroids larger and name them in these charts.
  • 4) Filter asteroids: Let's look at only those asteroids within 5 degrees of the Sun's position in the active chart. Select "Chart / Solar System Orbit" and then turn off "View / Show Graphics". That will give a simple text list of asteroid positions for the chart time. Do "Edit / Enter Command Line" again, and type "~U0 'Lt LonDist @x ObjLon O_Sun 5.0'" (minus the surrounding double quotes, but including the single quotes). That will filter the list of 1000 to the 30 or so asteroids Conjunct the Sun. You can retype and replace "O_Sun" with whatever planet you're interested in (e.g. "O_Moon", "O_Asc", etc), and replace "5.0" with whatever orb you want to allow, to change the filter.

waybread

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cruiser1 and Michael. Maybe someone could find me an asteroid to make me less of a technophobe.

Cruiser1, you mentioned asteroid Nereus. He was one of the Greek titans, who preceded the Olympian gods. Nereus was an ocean god. There may be a link to the sinking of two Russian war ships and the destruction of a sea port city in the battle to date.

Alex Thanks for your very articulate and thoughtful post on fate.

It's quite possible there is now a disgraced astrologer doing hard labor in a Siberian salt mine.

I think the Ukraine invasion chart, however, shows that Putin's purpose all along was highly punitive. It surely doesn't suggest an expectation of a warm reception, the salvation of ethnic Ukrainian Russians, or the ability to sustain a well-functioning country post-conquest.
https://www.astro.com/astro-
databank/Military:_2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine

On fate:

1. It would also have to be fated that the IAU approved the names of over 20,000 asteroids exactly as they did. One type of bias I've noted in their names, incidentally, is that very few are cognate with evil characters, whether mythological or historical. This must have been a conscious choice.

2. It would have to be fated that English language homonyms work as well as more concise meanings. This means that the Master of the Universe worked this scheme out in English millennia prior to the evolution of modern English.

3. Never mind all the hooey about "free will." There is no conscious choice whatsoever. In anything. Whatever decisions we think we've made are merely an enactment of tiny chunks of rock hurtling through space, named by astronomers with no conscious role in the naming-- and set in motion eons ago. Sad
waybread

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But just so you-all don't see me as a total skeptic, I did some more sleuthing of asteroid names of evil mythological characters. It's a short biased list but I did check out:

Hekate #100. She was an initially beneficial goddess who got seriously demoted over time as the hideous ruler of black magic.

Sauron: 378214. evil lord of Mordor in the Lord of the Rings.

Lucifer 1930

Typhon 42355 evil storm god ( cf "typhoon")

Seth 86551 (Set) evil Egyptian desert god whose sandstorms obscured the sun

Loke 4862 (Loki) evil trickster god of Norse mythology.

I tend to stick to close asteroid-planet or asteroid-angle conjunctions. What I found on the invasion chart was:

Typhon conjunct MC within the degree (20 Scorpio)

Lucifer conjunct Moon within 10'.

Seth conjunct sun within a degree (4-5 Pisces)

I've had a hunch that bad weather is to Russia's disadvantage. They claimed that their flagship Moskva sank during a storm on the Sea of Azov. Let's hope for wild windy weather.

Sauron was pretty close to the moon-MC midpoint involving Typhon and Seth.
alex miller

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Mattel released a Queen Elizabeth II Barbie doll yesterday, for Liz's 96th birthday.

Natally the Queen has asteroid Barbara at 29 Leo, trine the 1 Taurus Sun, at station, turning direct two days after her birth, in a T-square with Dollen (Doll) 3 Pisces and Toyen (Toy) 5 Gemini.

Yesterday a Grand Trine of Queen's 14 Cap, Barbara 14 Virgo and Mercury 19 Taurus (naming a Barbie for the Queen); Mattei (Mattel) 24 Cap opposed Toyen with Regina, 20 & 25 Cancer. Saturn (Head of State) conjunct Dollen at 23/24 Aquarius opposing natal Barbara 29 Leo.

I guess Mattel employs an astrologer, too. Tongue Out
alex miller

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waybread, you can add Apophis 99942 (named for the ancient Egyptian personification of pure evil) and Tantalus 2102 (noted for heinous crimes) to your list of astro-baddies.
waybread

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alex. Sticking to close conjunctions on the Ukraine invasion chart linked above, I didn't get any hits for those two astro-baddies.

So I took another tack. It troubles me greatly that asteroid Nike (307) named after the Greek goddess of victory, sits right on the invasion chart's ascendant at 16 degrees Capricorn. Bellona (28 ) the Roman war goddess conjuncts the ascendant within a degree, at 17 Capricorn.

However, Nike also conjuncts Volodymyr Zelenskyy's sun-Venus within 1.5 degrees. Justitia (269,) the Roman goddess of justice, conjuncts Zelenskyy's first house Jupiter within the degree.

Vladimir Putin's chart has no close hits.

The Ukraine national chart looks better: Victoria (12) hits Ukraine's sun (0 degree Virgo) within one degree. Justitia conjuncts Ukraine's sun within 1.5 degrees.

Nike conjuncts Ceres within a degree. Anciently the goddess Ceres/Demeter was known as "the law giver."
Ouranos

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Just read your last post 'Rich Strike's Upset Kentucky Derby Win'.
Can I ask you where you got the birth date of the horse and the jockey?

Thank you,
Ouranos
alex miller

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex miller

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex miller

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex miller

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

testing ... testing ... been trying unsuccessfully to post
alex miller

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, seems OK today. let's have at it again, shall we?

in reply to Ouranos, there was no human birth data given in the article you cite.

as for Rich Strike, I found his foal date here, in an article on his bloodline: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/kentucky-derby/2022/05/07/rich-strike-bloodline-son-keen-ice-wins-kentucky-derby-2022/6552228001/

this will be my fourth attempt to convey this information, as well as an abortive PM to you directly, so let's hope we're done with this!
Ouranos

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alex,
I received your PM and can read your post right now.

Best to you,
Ouranos
annadeer

Posted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everybody, been a while -- am too busy with other things -- felt like joining in the ukraine conversation today -- also, somewhere above i predicted on the basis of the asteroids that Elon Musk and Grimes were going to split -- turns out I was right. Queen Elizabeth is still reigning though. Smile

about ukraine

waybread wrote:
T

So I took another tack. It troubles me greatly that asteroid Nike (307) named after the Greek goddess of victory, sits right on the invasion chart's ascendant at 16 degrees Capricorn. "

I also noted that asteroid Victoria is conjunct part of fortune in the invasion chart. Someone in one of the invasion threads in the mundane astrology forum said that in horary, contrary to what one would expect, the Ascendant is not the invader but the invaded. If Ukraine wins, than that will be the confirmation of that.

Here a copy of what I wrote somewhere else on the forum about the asteroids in this war:

Asteroids in the event chart of the Invasion
Tsquare Mars/Venus as apex with Russia and Eris
Volodomyr conjunct MC, unfortunately close to South Node
Vladimir conjunct Moon (stays there most of the year) square Zelezy
Putilini conjunct Pholus (and will stay together for most of the year)
Ukraine conjunct Lillith trine Russia inconjunct Pluto

In the December 21 Lunar Return for the event chart, Ukraine is conjunct Part of Fortune, AND, early-mid December asteroids Vladimir, Putilini and Russia will all first oppose Lillith and next, late December and all of January, hover over Pluto -- while Zelezy will be trine Jupiter and Ukraine opposite Jupiter. And the October eclipse hits Putins Ascendant. Plus the transits and returns in Putins and Zelensky's charts also look better for Z than for P (i mention them on page 1 of the thread 'the astrology of the Russian-Ukrainian war in the mundane astrology forum).

Also Waybread, great findings, the evil ones you came up with. Will add them to my list. Here is some I use: Faust, Ixion (evil King in greek mythology), Mamon(tov: personification of greed in the bible) , Attila (the Hun), Athaliah (evil queen), Tyranosaurus (for tyrant), Vishnu (the destroyer in Indian mythology), Hiltner (for Hitler), Hybris

in Putins natal:
Ixion conjunct Sun
Mamon(tov) and Eris opposite Sun
Attila conjunct NN
Tyrannosaurus conjunct Jupiter
Hybris and Hipparchus conjunct Venus
Vishnu conjunct MArs

Okay, that's it for now! wishing you all a good week and a good end of May!

And let's see what will happen next week with Mercury stationary on Algol Confused
alex miller

Posted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna, the asteroid you are using for Zelensky is Zelezny, with an N, not Zelezy, but there's also a Zelinsky, just one letter off, which is what i have been using for him. and the Putin asteroid is Putilin, w/o your final I, not Putilini.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: