Just looking at the Ukraine situation for an article for the website, here's some dates to watch as it unfolds (with events for those dates already passed):

Jan 3 asteroid Zelinsky (for Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky) stations retrograde; Jan 2 US president Joe Biden calls Zelensky to express US support; Jan 5 Russia evacuates families of diplomats in Ukraine

Jan 13 asteroid Kiev (Ukrainian capital) stations retrograde; Jan 10 bilateral talks about the crisis between US & Russia; Jan 12 meeting of the NATO-Russia Council to address concerns; Jan 14 cyberattack on Ukrainian government websites, Russian hackers suspected

Jan 31 asteroid Putilin (closest to Putin) exactly conjunct Mars, bringer of war (within 10-degree orb Jan 10-Feb 20)

Feb 8 asteroid Ukraina (Ukraine) stations direct (conjunct TNO Chaos)

Feb 18 asteroid asteroid Moskva (Russian for Moscow, its capital) stations direct

Feb 28 asteroid Russia stations retrograde

That's a lot of pertinent asteroids changing direction in a relatively short time span! Big developments to be expected.

Stage was set with a Lunar Eclipse Nov 19 2021 in Taurus, which opposed Ukrainian MC, Mars, Pluto and asteroid Moskva; opposed Russia's Pluto squared its Volodymyr, Kiev; opposed Putin's Icarus (rash, reckless acts heedless of the consequences), Kiev, Volodymyr and Donbass (for Donbas, a disputed border region), squared Pluto, Ukraina; conjunct Zelensky's Kiev, opposed Zelinsky, squared Saturn with Moskva and Karma with Damocles (impending doom).

Another Lunar Eclipse in May will repeat these patterns from Scorpio.
Last edited by alex miller on Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some of today's discoveries:

Monroe natal chart: Marilyn conjunct Sun, Monroe conjunct Moon, Kennedy conjunct Neptune in 1

JFK natal chart: Marilyn conjunct Neptune ruler of 5, Monroe conjunct Pluto conjunct SN, Kennedy conjunct Descendant, Jackli conjunct Vesta

JFK transits when MM died
tr Marilyn conjunct n Saturn
JFK tropical Solar return when MM died:
Monroe conjunct Lilith conjunct SR Asc
Marilyn conjunct Juno conjunct Mercury conjunct MC
JFK Sidereal Solar Return when MM died:
Monroe conjunct Lilith in 5
Marilyn conjunct Juno conjunct Mercury in 1
JFK sidereal Lunar return when MM died:
Monroe conjunct Lilith conjunct MC
Last edited by annadeer on Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jeane Mortenson -all those show too. Asteroid Norma conjunct MC; asteroid Jeanne conjunct Sun/Mercury; asteroid Mortensen stationary (turned retro June 5), trine Sun/Mercury. She went to Hollywood under her married name of Norma Jean Baker - asteroid Baker is squared Hera and trine Juno, respectively the Greek and Roman goddesses of marriage.

btw, asteroid Actor exact with Venus, conjunct the MC. :D

That's crazy Alex!
And I just saw that on Sunday morning, when I started researching her, the Moon was conjunct asteroid Jeanb. And yesterday morning, when I continued my research, Moon was conjunct asteroid Marilyn and asteroid Monroe! They are currently traveling together!

Anna, I am always so fascinated when you relate about doing portraits, research, etc, with real-time contacts to pertinent asteroids, of which you were unaware when the inspiration struck. Somehow that's even more mind-boggling than when a significant event happens, and they are active in that moment.

Alex, it keeps blowing my mind away. Someone smarter than me, please explain! I cannot believe that in the end there will not be a scientific explanation for this phenomenon. It simply doesn’t make sense that astrology would not obey the natural laws that govern the universe. The theory of everything that scientists are in search of, should certainly also be able explain astrology -- at least that's what seems logical to me.

In the case of MM, asteroids Marilyn and Monroe didn’t touch a personal spot in my own chart — it was just the collective Moon transiting over them — which explains why not just me but also that Iranian artist had her on his mind.

This morning I decided to Google/DuckDuckGo to see who else had her on their mind: turns out that on January 16 CNN aired part 1 of a mini docu-series on her! 9PM, EDT: part of Fortune was conjunct Norma and Mortensen — Moon was square Marilyn and Monroe (it didn’t get many viewers) On January 23 part 2 was aired — and a whole lot of online magazines wrote reviews on the show the 23d/24th!
AND turns out that she filed for divorce from Arthur Miller on January 24, 1961 — which prompted the LitHUb to publish an article about her and Miller. And my brief search also showed that on Jan 24 an Idaho estate where she filmed was put for sale.

And even though M&M didn't touch a personal spot in my chart -- Norma and Mortensen did: they are moving widely (6 degrees orb) conjunct now as well — the one transiting over my natal Sun, the other over my Mercury — and in my sidereal Lunar Return both are conjunct my MC!

annadeer:

As below, so above.

Human beings determine the meanings of heavenly bodies.

Keep in mind, too, that a few hundred bodies conjunct any degree point at any given time.

I find the correspondences to be uncanny. But the next step is to apply them to a rigorous methodology to see if they hold up statistically. In a previous post, I suggested what such a methodology might look like.

Hi Waybread

Been thinking about your model. The problem I have with the methodology you propose is that
1. there are too many ways in which a chart can indicate if someone will win a the Nobel prize — to name just a few: Nobel conjunct personal name, Nobel c MC, Nobel c NN, Nobel c Asc, Nobel c Lord of Asc, Lord of Asc c Nobel, Nobel c PAllas, Nobel c Lord of 10, Nobel c Mercury, Nobel c POF, Nobel c Sun, personal name c Nobel, POF c MC, POF c Nobel, Jupiter c MC, Jupiter c Nobel, Jupiter c Lord of 10, — and way more …. and then I’m only mentioning conjunctions here — so add all the trines, sextiles, oppositions to this
2. And the factors mentioned in 1, can show up in Natal chart, and/or transits, progressions, sidereal Lunar Return, Sidereal Solar return, Tropical Solar Return, Tropical Lunar Return

It would be difficult, if not impossible, to list all possible indicators — and time and effort consuming to examine all charts, and above all, to explain all this to non-astrologer mathematicians and physicists

Personally I think there must be simpler ways
WHat I would propose is:

1. for now, leave aside the issue of dozens of asteroids showing up at every degree — as discussed above, some may be considered as possibilities, uncollapsed wave functions — others may make sense later on in the person’s life (such as the bunch of names Brad Pitt has conjunct Asc and Sun, of roles he would go on to play) — anyway, let’s just put this issue aside for now

2. for simplicity’s sake, only work with conjunctions — not that I believe other aspects are not valid, but working only with conjunctions makes it simpler, especially if one wants to explain the whole thing to a non-astrologer

3. only work with fast moving elements: Asc, MC, Desc, POF, Lord of Asc and Moon, maybe also Sun (to shut up the sceptics, who will say, ‘but everybody born that week/month will have that asteroid conjunct their Mars/Jup/Sat or whatever)

4. Calculate the statistic probability of a bunch of simple examples (50, 100, 1000, 5000, whatever, they abound) : e.g.
- what are the odds that of the 22,000+ asteroids, Musk has Tesla conjunct POF, a point that moves at a speed of 15 degrees per hour, and depends on L/L??
- that both EInstein and Hubble had Astrowizard conjunct their POF?
- that Walt Disney has Disneya and Fantasia conjunct POF?
- that Humphrey Bogart has Laurenbacall conjunct his Ascendant?
- that Vishnu was conjunct Oppenheimer's LR Asc the month he bombed Hiroshima and quoted Vishnu’s line from the Bhaghvad Gita?
- that Monroe had Monroe conjunct Moon, MArilyn conjunct Sun, and Actor & Norma conjunct MC?
- that Dirac, Bohr and Pauli (& bunch of others) all were born with the asteroid that was named after them conjunct their sun?.
- that Robin Willims had Robinwilliams on his Ascendant?
and so on...
And what are the odds that it’s no problem to collect in no time 10,000 examples of this?...

SOmeone give me a budget to hire a team to examine this!