Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Sudarshana Chakra Dasa and parallels with profections
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Ch 74 of BPHS Reply with quote

Chapter 74 of BPHS on Sudarshan Chakra is ready. It's a bit too long to post so I have it available as a PDF.
Anyone who wants to follow the threads on this topic is welcome to PM me requesting the doc with their email and I will send it to you as an attachment. I guess the offer will be valid so long as the topic is active.
Be Well.
james_m

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks aj! i don't think it would be too much to share your pdf data in a post here... but it is up to you..

continuing on with the idea of analyzing hamishs chart for what are the benefics and malefics, using moon houses - i don't see any obvious malefics.. using sun houses - moon-mars are in the solar 12th house.. this would put moon as a malefic and mars as a benefic according to the pdf, as i read it.. i haven't included rahu and ketu and believe the way bphs worded it - they are malefic regardless where they land... do i have that correct?
james_m

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to start dropping event dates here to solicit some interest in applying the techniques we are discussing... i have yet to look at this, but hamish has been married 3 times...

his first marriage was on- nov 3rd, 1969 1pm seattle... - his 16th birthday...

i have yet to look at the profections.. i am not sure the best way to proceed with this study, but if someone has an idea - please make some suggestions.. thanks..
AJ

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
thanks aj! i don't think it would be too much to share your pdf data in a post here... but it is up to you..

continuing on with the idea of analyzing hamishs chart for what are the benefics and malefics, using moon houses - i don't see any obvious malefics.. using sun houses - moon-mars are in the solar 12th house.. this would put moon as a malefic and mars as a benefic according to the pdf, as i read it.. i haven't included rahu and ketu and believe the way bphs worded it - they are malefic regardless where they land... do i have that correct?

Mars I don't see being a benefic at all in the SC context, could you explain your reasoning?
Mars aspects its own house by 8th glance and this would be limited to benefitting that house rather than strengthening Mars itself, but this may not be so beneficial as 2 of those houses involved are occupied by malefics (Ve & Mo) in the Sudarshan Chakra. A question I have does occupation of a malefic planet house 'trump' an aspect by the lord of its house? or is it about which planet is stronger. Mars being associated with other malefics I would think this weakens its effects in this regard.
The context in BPHS 74 when considering benefics and malefics is the three charts as a whole. BPHS 74 as I read it uses the planets in their natural roles as benefics and malefics with a few special exxceptions. Two of them are in Hamish's chart, so what a happy accidental pick of an example chart James. I think you couldn't have done better.

In Hamish's chart, the Sun is not considered a malefic because it is in the first Solar house as per BPHS 74 (7-9), Saturn is exalted in Libra so it acts as a functional benefic.

The Moon is a functional malefic because it is just within Krishna Paksha (69.25 degrees).
Venus I think in the context of BPHS 74 would be considered functional malefic too because he's neecha (fall) and associated with 2 other malefics the Moon and Mars. (See BPHS 74 v15-16)
Rahu and Ketu are always considered malefic in BPHS 74.
Benefics: Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn
Malefics: Moon, Venus, Mars, Rahu and Ketu.

Here is Hamish's SC
AJ

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
i am going to start dropping event dates here to solicit some interest in applying the techniques we are discussing... i have yet to look at this, but Hamish has been married 3 times...
his first marriage was on- nov 3rd, 1969 1pm seattle... - his 16th birthday...
i have yet to look at the profections.. i am not sure the best way to proceed with this study, but if someone has an idea - please make some suggestions.. thanks..

At least for me, I am curious if the Sudarshan Chakra and/or dasha will be any better than a regular ascendant-wise chart for information/prediction accuracy. At the end of the day, is it any better? That's what I'm curious about.

Also must apologize, James, there are more than a few rabbit holes and some streaming consciousness in this post! An elderly British (think Raj) gent I once knew when I was in my youth called it "thingish thought."

I think the main goal for delineation is KISS (Keep It Stupidly Simple). If it's a valid technique the basic astrological symbolism should be pretty clear. The combined nature of the three charts, natal, Lunar and Solar makes this difficult. Compounded by the fact that each SC house can have up to three rulers.

I will try to limit it to influences on the active dasha house and its lord for now.

For Hamish's wedding on 11/3/1969
11/3/1968 to 11/3/1969 the SC main dasha of the 4th house or Jupiter was running. [Interesting that in Vimshotarri dasha he is running the subperiod of Jupiter (in the main period of Rahu which is placed in the Solar 4th (home), Lunar 5th (romance) and natal 2nd (family) also. It can't be a coincidence that he got married on his 16th birthday, was there a legal reason for this?]

[The Vimshotarri seems to fit better than using the SC dasha, or profection. The SC sub-period is the third house (initiatives) or natal (Saturn), Lunar (Mars), Solar (Jupiter).
Natally the profections would be Jupiter and Saturn respectively. Did Hamish marry an older woman (Saturn)? I'm really curious about his Ve/Me association in the D9 4th house and Sa in the 7th. Both are afflicted in D9.

Back to the SC chart... This is all 20/20 hindsight but Natal ascendant and Lunar Rahu are in the fourth house of the home. Rahu here is not good for a stable home life because of an underlying dissatisfaction with it that disrupts mental peace.
In Hamish's chart, Ju rules two of the signs in the SC 4th house. The Lord of the natal (Pi) and Lunar fourth (Sg) house of home is activated (Jupiter) is in the SC seventh house of marriage and partnership. The SC 4th is also negatively aspected by malefics from the 10th house. I can see Rahu's influence for an impetuous decision to marry.

Back to Jupiter for the moment. Ju is also placed in the Lunar 9th and Solar 10th. Ju aspects the SC 4th from the solar 10th and is associated with malefics.
Does this come into play too?
What's not to say the event wasn't a terrible new job in real estate? in that case.
Ju in the 9th, would you start school or meet your Guru?
Did all three like events happen during this period? I doubt it.

Which placement of a house ruler do you take? or take them all? Even limiting delineation to the SC house ruler or rulers is a "slippery slope." Does that leave us with just the SC house then?

Solar Saturn as ruler of Cp is also in the SC 4th you could argue is activated too being placed in the Lunar 11th and Solar 1st. 11th and 1st house activations are not uncommon in marriage events but its very tempting to keep going and knowing when to stop when we have three charts. This is why I think its important to initially limit how far one can pursue an event with this chart, or you can make anything go.

A planet ruling two signs out of the three to an SC house I think are important to the affairs of that house and its condition is relevant, but singly I'm not so sure.

Natural Karakas I believe are valid at this point.

The seventh house is damaged because of the aspect from the malefics in the SC first house. Venus the natural significator for marriage is quite weak in Virgo (neecha or fall), vargotamma* so neecha in D9, and associated with malefics so all of this would suggest overall misfortune in marriage.
*vargotamma, in this case, does not help at all. Planets need to be at least mostly strong to gain much good from vargotamma.

Not to close to you but be sure protect your throat from wolves on your weekend music trek. Smile
BBC News. 2019. “Wolf Attacks Family Camping in Canada National Park,” August 14, 2019. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49351040.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Indian and Asian astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: