A well done to all the team also, our overall position has risen from 125 to 37 nationally!

After 3 days, whilst one of our team still has a theoretical chance of winning this competition (before the inevitable happens tomorrow!!) we'll defer any astro chat until afterwards.

There are a number of things worth raising. After Dettori's exploits today it is worth noting his chart is available.

Good luck to both of you for the next two days.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

First congratulations to June for coming top (and bottom!!) I'm sure everyone would be interested how you did it (coming top, not bottom :D )

The league's position was 41st, a very creditable result.

My result was significantly helped by today's 25/1 winner: Space Traveler in the 15-05. I used standard Addey giving me Mercury in Cancer in the 9th (on the MC).

Thanks to MWM2 and GB. Astrologers seem to be a diverse bunch and appear to work at their craft individually, it may be an exception when we can co-operate on something together.

I thought it useful to comment on a few things in a single posting.

Firstly: The competition and personal –

It seems we all had a least one good day and our team was in the upper echelons of the ‘league of leagues’, which for astrologers should provide encouragement.

I assume we all had the ‘one’ that slipped away! For us it was the Hayley Turner ride Thanks Be on the Friday. June had already placed her entries and then landed on this one (the astrology is later) and, with a six-place offer being available with some bookmakers, backed it but didn’t change the competition entry. So, she got a 50-1 winner and with the SP being 33-1 I’ll leave it to the GB and MWM2 to work out where the extra 330 points would have left her top team in the overall table!!

A lot of astrologers appear drawn to the ‘bigger picture’ and our place in the cosmos, whilst our interest focuses on the ‘micro’, rather than the ‘macro’. We reflected on something we heard a short while ago, that it may be better for the astrologer to back their own judgements rather than take money from a client/vulnerable person. I’ve posted before on how we had been doing (over 2.5 years now), and after this Ascot week we have reached another high-water mark. Speculation by a different name!

Secondly: Broader approaches to the technique of picking horses!

The approach is divergent in nature rather than convergent. If we are looking for one single technique then it is a false path, rather there are layers of approaches to be used.

Next, it can feel that the astrologer is separate from the event when researching or making predictions. For this field of interest, the astrologer has to be part of the technique in order for any consistency to be seen. If the astrologer wants to erect a chart, look at a few aspects for a minute and then expect the cosmic cash dispenser to pay out they will be disappointed (and poorer).

Thirdly: Specific techniques and the results this week.

We’re not convinced that JAM should be the primary technique for any space or time-based house system, which was the emphasis for the lower resulting teams.

The poetry of the heavens is better seen with angular planets, dignity and planetary hours. This expresses itself in different ways; horse name, background story, colours, etc.

Ascending degree is still preferred. This method can create a short-list rather than one horse, it can also produce no options. It is a method which indicates an individual trainer or jockey either remaining strong at that particular astrological moment or a degree which is activated for a period of time and then ceases to be successful.

The Hayley Turner victory is an example. We had nothing indicated for this race and had to look for other indicators for the purposes of the competition. Charlie Fellowes (the trainer) had won at the rising degree over the winter on the all-weather. The chart has Pluto prominent which wouldn’t support the horse name but with the after story in the interviews it became apparent where the Pluto story was.

Picking up on the previous advice of MWM2 and ‘value’, the Dettori fever Thursday was an example. It seemed his short odds favourite would win the Gold Cup, and did, so we went for Master of Reality, which helped the competition with a high-odds place and double points, whilst the majority of punters went with Frankie and potentially bankrupting some bookmakers, if the stories are true!

We realise this has involved a lot of time and effort and thanks again to MWM2 and GB, it continues to encourage us on further. Until next time!
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

john wrote:I’ll leave it to the GB and MWM2 to work out where the extra 330 points would have left her top team in the overall table!!
If I have got this correct, she would have come 7th overall, winning a £50 prize. That is very impressive.

As I noted in an earlier post, I tried three approaches. The one that did best was Addey, the next best was Addey but with the Placidus 5th cusp rather than Campanus, and the worst performer was using the Lord of the Hour as an indicator of the colours carried.

However, the LHr colour method was better than the results indicate. If you restrict the Addey method to horses that also agree with the colour method, the results are much better than straight Addey. OK, it means that a number of races do not have any indicated horse, but that's only a problem in something like Fantasy Ascot where you have to make a selection in every race.

It might be worth trying in normal betting.

john wrote:Just back from the AA Conference, we'll be registering later.

As we have six attempts, we're thinking of using Campanus and probably a couple more house systems rachat de credit info, if it makes a difference on selection, a colour method/hour lord, etc. and ascending degree.

If you're following the charts it should be obvious which is which as we go along. If anything jumps out I'm sure we can run with the astro chat as necessary.

Good luck
You may have to revise a bit and see how you can combine the colors correctly.