is she completely incapable of doing anything to help her own situation, or does she expect everything to fall into her lap,
I have a feeling that she just wants everything to fall into her lap. When I contacted her regarding the letter from the accountant, I was rather busy at the time and she asked me to immediately take a picture of the letter and send it to her. I told her I was busy at the time and will send it the next day, and she responded something to the effect that "it will only take you a minute to take the picture, this is my future, what is the problem?.... " and so on. I responded back that she really needs to respect other people's time and I would send it the next day. Then she asked me to attach pictures that I had taken several years ago of her and her ex-husband and I mentioned that I have already sent these pictures to you and I don't have them anymore, and she said, OK, she will attach the pictures herself.

The bottom line is, she used to be and obviously still is extremely pushy, she was like this when she lived in my house, I think this could be one of the reasons her husband got tired of her (but just one reason), and she has learned no lessons from the past.

Tanit,
You mention Jupiter possibly being the accountant in question. I'm not sure how you came to that? And is Jupiter actually providing help to her situation?

Which brings me to another question, that I'm not sure anyone has addressed. What planet signifies her lawyer? What is the strength of the lawyer? Is there a positive connection between the lawyer and the immigration authorities?

I think the final outcome pretty much rests on the lawyer at this point in time, and what he can do for her.

If the ruler of the turned 9th is her lawyer, (Saturn), then I see no connection between Immigration (Venus) and Saturn (her lawyer), while I do see Mercury (her) going on to conjunct her lawyer. I see no reception or contact between Saturn and Venus (radical 10th) or Saturn and Jupiter (turned 10th), depending on whether you take the radical 10th as Immigration or the turned 10th.

To me, this lack of connection indicates Immigration may have already rejected her application, and whatever the lawyer has to present to them will make no difference.

Your thoughts?

Thanks to all for their feedback.
Taurus7

P.S.

A.J.
I did receive your PM and have responded to it. My apologies for the delay in response. I hope you read this message. Thank you.

You mention Jupiter possibly being the accountant in question. I'm not sure how you came to that? And is Jupiter actually providing help to her situation?
Please read my first post. I work full time and am in grad school full time this semester, so my posts are short for a reason. I will be a better contributor after mid May. I hope your friend will be OK. Good luck!

I did receive your PM and have responded to it. My apologies for the delay in response. I hope you read this message. Thank you.
Taurus 7: Got your message. Did send you a followup PM. The PM email notification is still not working at least for me, double checked my settings and they should auto notifying of new PM's. Still broken for whatever reason. Cheers.

Taurus7 wrote:AJ:
Got your message, responded back. PM notifications are not working, so responding at the forum.

Thanks!
ditto... Sent you a PM.
Cheers.

UPDATE: Will she be deported

She was not deported!!
I think what saved her was an invoice that I received from an accountant that her ex-husband owed for taxes done in the year 2016. This was the year that she claimed she was married to him, but she had no tangible evidence to prove it.
I sent that letter to her, and they were convinced of the truthfulness of her testimony.
She is obviously relieved.
So my question to all of us who predicted she would get deported - where did we go wrong? I think Tanit was the only one who saw some positive indications in her chart.

Thanks!

i think Tanit was the only one who saw some positive indications
Johannes saw it as well. We are both well studied in the traditional text and when we both agree I usually feel better about my interpretation. That was one of the reasons I probably started to sound a bit annoyed. Sorry about that.

I am glad the situation turned out better than expected for your friend! Congrats! Does that mean this is all over for her?

Thank you for the outcome Tauras. Good to get a feedback after spending some time over a horary. In hindsight the most important indication seems to be the fixed angles of the chart. Frawley says those alone would be sufficient to say that no deportment will take place. Another thing is though she is Mercury in detriment , she is in the last phase of this weakness and soon to move to a better position in Capricorn meaning that any development in the matter will be positive for her. US authorities would be Venus and Venus is in terms of Mercury at 26th degree of Scorpio.

Still the chart 's emphasis on the 5th house is something i wonder about. The chart is not showing the story as clearly as it could. Sometimes in charts like these the first house itself is given to the one about whom the question is asked. This i think i another possibility. This would directly give Sun to your friend. Sun is at critical degrees in cardinal Capricorn in 6th house cusp showing probably that she is relying on her accountant (6th house for those who work for us). Sun has just separated from Saturn and this can show her interactions with her boyfriend (saturn). Saturn in his own sign doesnt seem very helpful. The end of the matter would be Mars and again Mars in Aries in Sun's exaltation would show that the end would be fortunate for her .

So this is all in hindsight of course which is always clearer :D

I wonder if the 5th house signification relates to the tax forms or the tax person who got the form for her? I have heard the 5th relate to financial matters but must admit that I do not know all of the meanings of the houses in a financial way. I hate money and don't usually pay much attention about financial indicators. I agree that the 5th seems odd without some sort of explanation, other than it being a "good" house. Jupiter does also rule the 8th and the 8th does rule other people's money (and taxes), such as the ex.

Deb says 5th house can rule agents too:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/index_list.html

Tanit:
I am glad the situation turned out better than expected for your friend! Congrats! Does that mean this is all over for her?
Yes, it's all done, she told me they will be sending her a green card soon.
She sent me an email expressing deep gratitude for the help that I afforded her.

What is interesting, however, is that based on her natal chart (I know her birth date, etc.), from a Vedic perspective, she has actually entered a really bad dasha/bukti (main period/sub-period) as of March of 2019. I was perhaps misguided in my horary interpretation because I saw a very difficult period starting for her during the time frame that she was supposed to receive a decision.

So I'm wondering - she had told me that her boyfriend had promised to marry her once she got her green card. He is all she's got, aside from some friends she made in California. But he is her main support. I'm wondering if now that she has her green card, he will change his mind and not marry her. That would devastate her.

BUt of course, this is just conjecture. It's just that I have never known the dasha/bukti projections to be inaccurate.

Serene:
Still the chart 's emphasis on the 5th house is something i wonder about. The chart is not showing the story as clearly as it could.
Could you explain what you mean by this? How does this relate to the 5th house?

Thanks again to all who pitched in for this horary.

What I meant was that I am unable to understand why the chart shows an emphasized 5th house. It does not relate well to the background if we take the 1st house for you.

I was thinking that perhaps the chart can be read without turning it. Since you asked about her she has your sympathy and the question wasn't directly involving you intimately. Then the 5th house planets would make more sense looking at it from her viewpoint and story about her boyfriend and all that.

But then Tanit just gave some plausible explanation for the 5th house planets in her last post.