Hi Abigail:

I think the reason your post has not yet garnered any replies is that this site is not for requesting readings. It's an educational forum for students of horary astrology. Participants can post their own charts, but they have to lead the conversation, which would usually involve starting the conversation off with an interpretation.

For a relationship horary, you would (for starters) examine the sign on the ascendant and its ruler (representing you) and the sign on the descendant and its ruler (representing the potential partner). There are other elements to examine as well, but it's always best to begin with those. If someone presented me with a marriage horary, I would begin with these questions:

1. Do the signs on the AC/DC axis describe the matter at hand? In this chart, we have Capricorn and Cancer on the axis. Are those signs traditionally associated with marriage? Do they in some way describe the querent and the quesited?

2. What are the conditions of the rulers of the AC and the DC? Are they in good signs (e.g. rulership, exaltation, triplicity) and strong houses (e.g. angular houses)? Or are they in weak signs (e.g. fall) and weak houses (e.g. cadent)? The conditions of the planets tell us whether they are empowered to act, and so fulfill the matter about which the horary inquires.

3. Are the lords of the AC and DC in an applying Ptolemaic aspect, and if so, what kind of aspect? The applying conjunction, sextile and trine are generally considered helpful, whereas the applying square and opposition are generally not helpful. Separating aspects are never helpful; minor aspects are not strong enough to bring a matter to perfection, and so we disregard them.

As I already said, there are many other things to look at in any horary chart. But the answers to these three can definitely give you useful information about your inquiry.

Namaste--
LP
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers

Leo-Poet wrote:Hi Abigail:

I think the reason your post has not yet garnered any replies is that this site is not for requesting readings. It's an educational forum for students of horary astrology. Participants can post their own charts, but they have to lead the conversation, which would usually involve starting the conversation off with an interpretation.

For a relationship horary, you would (for starters) examine the sign on the ascendant and its ruler (representing you) and the sign on the descendant and its ruler (representing the potential partner). There are other elements to examine as well, but it's always best to begin with those. If someone presented me with a marriage horary, I would begin with these questions:

1. Do the signs on the AC/DC axis describe the matter at hand? In this chart, we have Capricorn and Cancer on the axis. Are those signs traditionally associated with marriage? Do they in some way describe the querent and the quesited?

2. What are the conditions of the rulers of the AC and the DC? Are they in good signs (e.g. rulership, exaltation, triplicity) and strong houses (e.g. angular houses)? Or are they in weak signs (e.g. fall) and weak houses (e.g. cadent)? The conditions of the planets tell us whether they are empowered to act, and so fulfill the matter about which the horary inquires.

3. Are the lords of the AC and DC in an applying Ptolemaic aspect, and if so, what kind of aspect? The applying conjunction, sextile and trine are generally considered helpful, whereas the applying square and opposition are generally not helpful. Separating aspects are never helpful; minor aspects are not strong enough to bring a matter to perfection, and so we disregard them.

As I already said, there are many other things to look at in any horary chart. But the answers to these three can definitely give you useful information about your inquiry.

Namaste--
LP
Hi Leo-Poet,
Thank you for the knowledge. I did not know that. I want to learn more about astrology and horary. If you know of any good book for the same, do let me know. There is no quesited. To understand the implication and relationship between these questions, I guess I would have to read up a bit about the rulers, ascendants, the effect of the aspects, how would the weakness of the planet in question would affect the outcome.

Hello - a good place to start is by reading the horary tutorials on this website, such as the one written specifically for romance questions:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html

I don't think reading textbooks is really necessary, since many resources are free on the web and there are not a lot of good books available on horary (in my opinion). There are loads of traditional texts you can download on this site from the resources page.

Tanit3333 wrote:Hello - a good place to start is by reading the horary tutorials on this website, such as the one written specifically for romance questions:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html

I don't think reading textbooks is really necessary, since many resources are free on the web and there are not a lot of good books available on horary (in my opinion). There are loads of traditional texts you can download on this site from the resources page.
Thank you, Tanit3333. I shall do that :)