Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Missing Cat Horary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Missing Cat Horary Reply with quote

https://ibb.co/fWjz4e

I asked "Where is my cat?"

My very young female cat (small with grey and white stripes) went missing on the 30th. She disappeared from my 3rd floor balcony but she had never left home before, and I was very worried. She was also getting over dental surgery and was in heat (Venus/Mars square) because my vet would not allow her to be spayed (he felt she was too immuno-compromised). She was found tonight (2 days later - Moon-Mars 2 degrees) in an area I expected. Can you describe where she was found (and possibly who found her)? Do you think she was easy or hard to find?

Location background: I live in a large apartment complex, which spans several blocks, has 4 stories of garages and is next to a large park and a large shopping complex. The apt complex is full of greenery, a swimming pool and water features. Those were things I considered but not necessarily relevant.
Konrad

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit,

I am not a horary astrologer so I would not try and read this chart blind, but, as part of my studies, I am reading everything astrological that I can. I had no knowledge of this before, but in the last month, I have become aware of Geoffrey Cornelius' work on the (often hidden) divinatory aspect of astrology, and how the participation of the astrologer is vital. Since I am a practitioner who utilises the sidereal zodiac, I would appreciate it if you would post the result of your horary even if no-one replies as it would be useful to see if the participation Cornelius talks of reaches into the choice of zodiac.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always post the outcomes, so no problem.

Missing item horaries can be difficult but I do think in the case that some of the symbolism was easy to follow, especially using where the 6th lord (pet) is located and whether any planets influence her or her house/ the house she is in. I think there is a lot of mixed testimony for recovery [the primary pro is the ascendant lord is also the dispositor of the Moon in aspect with the Moon, which is reception also, and Jupiter (which is also the 2nd lord) in the first, but PoF is in the 8th, and cadent placements for significators can be difficult to decide on and Moon is disposited by an infortune and aspecting it, even if it is the pet].

I didn't think the question of if she would be found would be very easy for everyone and it would be better to focus on the helpful info in the chart, such as whether she was high up (again, I am on the 3rd floor) or low to the ground, near or far, near the shopping center, park or apartment complex? General direction can be difficult to decipher but sometimes there is an emphasis. You could also wonder if she is dead or alive? Is she lost (peregrine?) or is she somewhere familiar to her?

I always use the Skyscript reference page called "Where is it?" http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html

This is also helpful:
http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson9/

Here is an embedded image (my cat's name if Faith, in case anyone was wondering about the title)
moonwise

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Cat found Reply with quote

You mentioned she was already found. That's good. I'm not the best horary person but I would read it as:

6th house - small animals (pets) a woman found her (moon) quite by surprise(Uranus) - although Uranus does not figure in classical horary. SInce the 4th house designates where lost objects are I'm surmising by the pool area near your home.

I hope she wasn't injured because Mars (significator of pets 6th) is in the 3rd house in Aries. I've found that when Mars is placed there it indicates injuries. Hope I am wrong in that respect.
Part of Fortune

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit,

I’m glad the answer is already there (I hope Faith is OK, safe and sound. )

If I take the Moon as your cat Faith, the animal could be trapped somewhere a hot and high up place. The place is difficult to locate because it is less frequented or the place is ignored by most residents. The Moon is in Aries (peregrine) and placed in 6th so the cat was wandering around here and there and maybe somehow got trapped? Perhaps in upper floors of a building? Some storage room or area, workroom/area where workers keep things such as worker’s hand tools, some machinery which emits hot air (such as vacuum cleaners) or near furnaces, etc.

Also the cat could be trapped somewhere in a garage. She could be near bicycles, cars, garbage carts, containers and bins. If the cat is outside: Sandy or hilly ground, places where other pets and small animals hang around (but less frequented by humans), nearby stones and rocks -- opposing pretty greenery, flowers, fountains or pool.

Part of Fortune

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought: Grand trine between the Moon, Mercury (the natural ruler of 3rd) and Saturn also Mars is placed in 3rd and ruled by Saturn. The Moon is approaching Saturn by trine. I wonder if Faith somehow got into one of your neighbor's apartments.

Or Saturn Rx in your 2nd opposing P of F -- could it be referring to the slight delay of finding your cat. Both significators: the Moon (cat) and Mars (you) are in cadent house but luckily in moveable signs (took 2 days to find).
Tanit3333

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - you guys both make some great points.

Quote:
I hope she wasn't injured because Mars (significator of pets 6th) is in the 3rd house in Aries. I've found that when Mars is placed there it indicates injuries. Hope I am wrong in that respect.

It is very interesting you mention injuries because I also worried about the Moon-Mars square and Moon in Aries, especially with Uranus involved. In the end, it was actually me who was injured. She clawed me up good when I found her, due to fright and confusion (and just being really upset). In hindsight, I have seen this aspect in the charts of physically abusive people (I know a couple who share the aspect and have physically assaulted one another). In other words, my cat assaulted me! She was not injured but she had not had any water or food, I believe, so she was not in great shape though and that might be the critical degree of her planet as well (also her planet is slow after a retro period because she was getting over an illness). The square also emphasizes the difficulty I had in finding her, as well as the cadent placements. I think this chart is a good example of how cadent significators with hard aspects are not always doomed in missing charts, especially when the missing person/creature/thing is the receiving planet. Squares with reception can lead to perfection of the matter, especially if the receiving planet is dignified (Mars exalted). Jupiter in the first also I think shows a touch of luck. I was skeptical I would find her based on the horary but I didn't give up. .

Good catch that the Moon applying to Mars could be a woman and I am the woman. The Moon in Aries describes me well physically and I was actively looking for her (Aries is very active) and on alert. My intuition and alertness was what lead to me finding her.

The cadency being difficult is true - I probably passed her several times without knowing because I had already been searching the area she was in quite a lot. The primary reason I found her was because I kept my balcony door open to listen for her, and I heard a cat scream and looked out the balcony and saw a raccoon that frequents the area. It was next to the water feature on the 1st floor below me and I ran downstairs to call for my cat and see if it was her who screamed. I actually went directly to the correct bush by guessing. She then started to cry and became visible, and I found her backed into a dark corner in the bushes (across from the water feature area). The raccoon had just walked past her and scared her but I believe she was maybe there the whole two days because she seemed too frightened to go anywhere.

Quote:

This is very good. While she was directly below me on the 1st floor, she was in a corner wall slightly east. I do think the Capricorn influences is emphasizing south, meaning below me, and the ground well but in missing horaries it is hard to decide which influence to look at and here I think Aries adds to the east emphasis. I think in this case her significator as Mars in Cap in the 3rd describes her location best but I can see the 6th also influencing things, and also 4th Aqu with the raccoon being at the water feature and tipping me off. She was hiding in bushes in a dark corner near pavement and a wall that connects to the garage and is next to an electrical room (Aries/Uranus influence in the 6th?) and dumpster area (Pluto = refuse?) I wonder if the raccoon was Saturn keeping her scared in the corner, but there are also large cats in the complex. The raccoon is very quiet and non confrontational, visits at night and moves slowly, like old Saturn.

When I saw she was in the 3rd, one thing I considered was being near transportation (garages/streets) but, as mentioned by you guys, I also wondered about a neighbor having her at first. The more I looked at the chart the more I focused on specific areas, though, such as bushes near the garage. The main reason I did not think anyone had her though was that 2nd ruler in the 1st often can show the querent locates the missing thing, but also the 7th ruler is unable to aspect Mars and the 7th often rules other people in general. I had people looking for her and they wanted to help (Venus is a helpful influence in a chart) but they were unable to locate her.

I was very certain from the chart that she was on the ground floor and near greenery because of the Capricorn influence but also because she was below the earth - to me this emphasized the ground. The fact that she was in aspect with the Moon also seemed to emphasize to me that she was in the complex, as well as the fact that she was not peregrine- she was exalted. Peregrine planets are often the case when someone is lost.

She is doing very well now and seems happy to be home.
Tanit3333

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how others feel about this, but I will say that I have never been unable to locate something missing with a horary when I was able to do the looking myself, but I find them very frustrating when I have to tell others where to search, without seeing the location. When I can only dictate to others, it is just not effective and is very frustrating for me because not only am I decoding the chart but they are then decoding what I say, so the info can be lost in translation. This was true for my sisters' lost dog and i am still upset that they did not do more to find the dog immediately. I was long distance. This may be true for others when they try to read charts with symbolism that does not make sense to them without understanding the location better.
Part of Fortune

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some luck finding a few missing items doing horary in the past. As you know, I’m a beginning student of astrology but I find missing-item horary most interesting because I like mystery (perhaps my Mars trine Neptune?). Well, anyway, now that the missing background details have been revealed (thanks for the feedback), I would like to reevaluate my earlier reading. Some of you might not agree with my interpretation but please be patient with me (as I said before, I’m still a beginner).

Mars here represents both the cat and its owner. This shows their common interest (which in this case is that they are both greatly in need of the other). You two are exalted and this brought the happy end and I think that is why Mars’ placement in 3rd house of communication is important (Mars’ connection with the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Uranus is highly suggestive for the outcome).

In horary, the Moon represents moving items, including missing animals. Therefore, I also think Faith is signified by the Moon. To me, the Moon/Faith being peregrine fits my understanding of her situation in this chart because we are talking about a missing house cat. Unless I misunderstood Tanit’s description

Quote:
She disappeared from my 3rd floor balcony but she had never left home before

I interpret it as her cat never left the cat’s home (Tanit’s apartment). So if the cat left from the premises, then that to me is peregrine -- not necessarily she’s lost . . . but she wanders away = wanderer (am I understanding “peregrine” correctly?).

The Moon (cat) is placed in 6th house and conjunct Uranus. At first, I was puzzled. I read that as Faith is in her own home (6th), therefore she never left the apartment and eventually the owner finds her cat. But then when I saw that she is peregrine, I dropped the idea of her being inside the apartment. I also dropped the idea that she is hiding next to some electrical equipment (Uranus) which emits hot air (Aries) such as stereo or TV, also including electric wires (Uranus).

My next thought was she somehow got trapped (I’m putting in bold the parts I think I got right in my previous answer), perhaps inside of the workers storage room (6th house) somewhere on an upper floor and the place is difficult to locate because it is less frequented or the place is ignored by most residents (Aries, cadent house). Faith is inside of workroom/area where workers keep things; here I transferred the idea of stereo, electrical equipment and wires to some machinery which emits hot air, such as vacuum cleaners (Uranus, Aries and 6th house).

After that, I moved on to the Moon’s aspects with Mercury and Saturn. Also Mars (in 3rd house) and at the same time I noticed the position of P of F in 8th (disposed by the Moon). Hence, I mentioned she could be inside of their garage (that’s Mercury and 3rd house). The idea of bicycles, cars, garbage carts, containers and bins (that’s Mars conjunct Pluto, also P of F in 8th all representing “dumpster area”) sprang out from the moon’s connections with various planets above.

Quote:
I wonder if the raccoon was Saturn keeping her scared in the corner, but there are also large cats in the complex.

Last, my mind left the building and came to outside. Again, the Moon in 6th house made me think "places where other pets and small animals hang around."
The funny thing is that 6th house represents all animals smaller than a goat – therefore at first wild animals such as squirrels and raccoons came to mind because I use to live 8 blocks from Ocean Beach (the Pacific Ocean) near Cliff house and Sutro bath (San Francisco landmarks). I used to see raccoons crossing the streets all the time (also we had two raccoons in our back yard), but the place where I am now is in the middle of the city and the meaning of “wild animal” for me sadly turned into mice and rats -- hence I said “other pets and small animals hang around”.

As for the surrounding landscape, I read that the trapped location of your cat is opposing pretty greenery, flowers, fountains or pool (water feature?) -- these are read as the Moon separated from Venus. Saturn is interpreted as stones and rocks nearby instead of “pavement”. However by then I totally forgot about Uranus and storage room (6th). I wouldn’t have imagined the cat was found next to an electrical room in this kind of landscape.

Quote:
She was hiding in bushes in a dark corner near pavement and a wall that connects to the garage and is next to an electrical room (Aries/Uranus influence in the 6th?) and dumpster area (Pluto = refuse?)

Tanit, thank you so much for your inquiry and posting the chart (non-emergency, the ideal thing for me)!
Part of Fortune

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of Fortune wrote:

As for the surrounding landscape, I read that the trapped location of your cat is opposing pretty greenery, flowers, fountains or pool (water feature?) -- these are read as the Moon separated from Venus. Saturn is interpreted as stones and rocks nearby instead of “pavement”. However by then I totally forgot about Uranus and storage room (6th). I wouldn’t have imagined the cat was found next to an electrical room in this kind of landscape.

Not only did I forget about Uranus in 6th, I realize now that I didn't think of the Moon conjunct Uranus in 6th – where the missing cat was in the garden next to an electrical room and she was hiding in bushes. If I paid more attention to the sign and who is the dispositor of Uranus . . . it's a result of my sloppy reading.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mars here represents both the cat and its owner. This shows their common interest (which in this case is that they are both greatly in need of the other). You two are exalted and this brought the happy end and I think that is why Mars’ placement in 3rd house of communication is important (Mars’ connection with the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Uranus is highly suggestive for the outcome).

I get this a lot in my horaries. My dad is in the hospital after a heart attack and the same thing happened in a chart for him. I get it in job horaries too. I read somewhere that the querent and house of the matter under the same influence ties the two together in some way. I don't think it necessarily means someone needs another thing, but maybe it can. In this case, I am not very close to this cat (or my father) but the chart wasn't really about me and it focused itself on my cat by doing that. I adopted her from my sisters because they are overrun with strays but I am not really a cat person. I am fond of her but I would say I bond tighter to dogs.

Quote:
In horary, the Moon represents moving items, including missing animals. Therefore, I also think Faith is signified by the Moon. To me, the Moon/Faith being peregrine fits my understanding of her situation in this chart because we are talking about a missing house cat. Unless I misunderstood Tanit’s description

True, the Moon always represents the matter at hand, but it can also describe people. In this case the chart did specifically speak to me because I am a natal Cancer rising with Moon in the 6th and Aries is my strongest sign. I still think Jupiter ruling the 2nd in the 1st primarily shows I find her, but the application of the Moon to her can suggest the querent finds her as well.

Quote:
I interpret it as her cat never left the cat’s home (Tanit’s apartment). So if the cat left from the premises, then that to me is peregrine -- not necessarily she’s lost . . . but she wanders away = wanderer (am I understanding “peregrine” correctly?).

I personally doubt she was lost from that location. It was basically immediately down from my apartment. She probably had no idea how to get back up but I doubt it was unfamiliar to her where she was. She looked down from the balcony a lot too and would have seen the location from there repeatedly. To me, a dignified planet is capable of returning, but cadency inhibits that, meaning her location is "unlucky" at letting her return - which makes sense because there is no way for her to get back upstairs herself. The stairways require opening a door.

Quote:
The Moon (cat) is placed in 6th house and conjunct Uranus. At first, I was puzzled. I read that as Faith is in her own home (6th), therefore she never left the apartment and eventually the owner finds her cat. But then when I saw that she is peregrine, I dropped the idea of her being inside the apartment. I also dropped the idea that she is hiding next to some electrical equipment (Uranus) which emits hot air (Aries) such as stereo or TV, also including electric wires (Uranus).

I am not convinced she is the Moon, since it is my astrological signature, but I may be mistaken. I am pretty good at describing people physically with horary and I think animals can he described too. She is a grey cat and I have blonde hair. Aries is often a yellow or red haired person. Capricorn rules mute colors, and she is various muted grey colors and she has some black stripes too (also Cap). In any case, the Moon in the house of the missing item is a good sign as well (just as the missing thing in the house of the querent would be good). So, even though it is cadent, it is in the cat's house. It also just makes the chart more radical, which I like.

Quote:

After that, I moved on to the Moon’s aspects with Mercury and Saturn. Also Mars (in 3rd house) and at the same time I noticed the position of P of F in 8th (disposed by the Moon). Hence, I mentioned she could be inside of their garage (that’s Mercury and 3rd house). The idea of bicycles, cars, garbage carts, containers and bins (that’s Mars conjunct Pluto, also P of F in 8th all representing “dumpster area”) sprang out from the moon’s connections with various planets above.

One of the reasons I didn't ask if she would be found or not is PoF in the 8th, which would add to mixed testimony here. She was east of the dumpster area. Not in the dumpster area but adjacent to it.

Quote:

Last, my mind left the building and came to outside. Again, the Moon in 6th house made me think "places where other pets and small animals hang around."
The funny thing is that 6th house represents all animals smaller than a goat – therefore at first wild animals such as squirrels and raccoons came to mind because I use to live 8 blocks from Ocean Beach (the Pacific Ocean) near Cliff house and Sutro bath (San Francisco landmarks). I used to see raccoons crossing the streets all the time (also we had two raccoons in our back yard), but the place where I am now is in the middle of the city and the meaning of “wild animal” for me sadly turned into mice and rats -- hence I said “other pets and small animals hang around”.

I used to have a pdf file on Lilly's descriptions of plants and animals signified by the planets. I can't remember what he said about raccoons but I do think he said dogs and cats are Saturn, so it could have been cats. She is disposited by Saturn and Saturn is an oppressive planet, a bit more below the earth in the day, so to me it seemed like that might have influenced her situation. It may just be describing her fear making her unable to go anywhere else. Since she was directly below where she would have jumped down and was severely thirsty and hungry and traumatized, it makes sense she was maybe there the entire time.

Quote:
The landscape is very nice in that area. We don't have any stones or rocks but the path along it is pavement and people walk past the area all day (it is a very busy area where people walk to/from, which is kind of the way I see the 3rd house).
Serene

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread! Horaries with outcomes already known are very educational. And interesting like a whodunnit with a solution in the end! Thanks Tanit for posting this topic!
Part of Fortune

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Tanit thanks so much for your feedback. It’s such a privilege to get your in-depth analysis and comments on my reevaluation -- I appreciate it a lot!

So while I was thinking of what you said about the Moon . . . suddenly, I had in my mind the B/W image of some overlapping objects (it’s interesting how our brain associates certain things). This image was from our local newspaper article (which was published several years ago). It read that after many decades one of Einestein’s theories had been proven and it was something like this: back in the 1920’s Einstein worked on Bose’s prediction that all atoms overlap when temperature gets ultra-cold (absolute zero). The image shows under extreme temperature the experiment of an egg and an orange overlapping each other. I don’t know who was responsible for this fascinating image, but I was so impressed. Therefore, after reading Tanit’s feedback and understanding that she identifies with the Moon, I came to conclude that the Moon represents both a querent (Tanit) and also her cat (missing animal) and . . . that’s when the overlap image of the egg/orange shows up in my mind.

The reason for my conclusion is that I’ve been thinking of the dual nature of traditional astrology for some time (especially in horary). For instance I recently was reading a chart where querent asked about his job situation. Doing so, I noticed that both 6th house and 10th house contribute some results.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10112

Also as we all know there are several different methods of reading horary charts among very famous astrologers which I find quite interesting. One of my idols, Anthony Louis, says it’s good to keep an open mind.

Mercury signifies astrology in traditional horary. The planet rules Gemini and Virgo -- both are human signs and dual natures. But there’s only one king and one queen, the Sun (Leo) and the Moon (Cancer). They reside exclusively in the map of the heavenly court, not like the rest where each planet owns two signs at celestial houses. Yet, Sun and Moon have many rulerships, just as many as other planets. For example, the Sun represents authority figures, heart, dining rooms, gold, ego, etc. It’s just that there are only 12 divisions but I wonder . . . well, at least the Moon gets co-significator of a querent.

Here’s another example of duality: Tanit mentioned about who rules raccoons so I checked and as she suspected it’s Saturn (so are cats, of course). Saturn also rules pavements and in this chart, Capricorn at the cusp of 3rd house. Hence your description: The landscape is very nice in that area. We don't have any stones or rocks but the path along it is pavement and people walk past the area all day (it is a very busy area where people walk to/from, which is kind of the way I see the 3rd house).

I found it interesting about two conjunctions. First, back to the dual nature of the Moon. I checked Skyscript’s Glossary of Terms and looked up “peregrine”. A peregrine planet is seen as having little influence or control over its environment. In symbolic terms, it describes a drifter - someone with no title or stake in his or her environment. Faith could get down to ground but can’t get back up to 3rd floor; I really think she too was represented by the Moon. I’ll keep Faith as the Moon and move on to the planet’s approaching conjunction with Uranus in 6th (the cat was next to an electrical room when you found her). I have noticed Saturn (raccoon/or other cats) and Uranus both share very close degrees. Could the Moon encounter Saturn (Raccoon or Cats) around the same time when Faith gets to Uranus in Taurus (electricity room in the garden)? Both planets are retrograde so perhaps it happened to her repeatedly? Venus in domicile (in 12th) could supply the cat’s hiding place (pretty greenery) which in this case as you said is bush.

Second, Mars. The significator of the quesited has separating conjunction with Pluto (the cat was adjacent to dumpster area). Can animals such as a cat get into the dumpster area? If so, I wonder if Faith was at some point looking for food in this area? You mentioned she had two days of no food (so the poor cat was starving!) You also mentioned “refuse” so there is some compostable stuff, I assume (like in San Francisco)? Also that will certainly attract mice, rats and raccoons as well as other pets such as other cats in the complex (all represented by 6th house).

"I adopted her from my sisters because they are overrun with strays but I am not really a cat person. I am fond of her but I would say I bond tighter to dogs." Yay! the fellow Sirius ascendant person speaking out, I think.

Well, thanks again, Tanit!

Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoF -even if you did give the Moon as significator for the cat, you cannot ignore the fact that the primary significator is exalted, as you would not ignore it in any other horary where the querent is exalted. The only thing I would add to that is a late degree planet takes on energy of the next sign, according to Bonatti.

I think the peregrine influence of the Moon just further shows the difficulty of the matter. I did not know where she went and it was a difficult search. I am still the querent of the question, even if the Moon does help in describing the matter. It is ultimately my problem I am asking about, even if the cat is also impacted. When I first discovered she was gone, I was shocked and looked everywhere for her. She had been on the balcony many times and never attempted to leave and I felt responsible and negligent, especially since I woke up and she was gone, leaving in the night, and my forgetting her on the balcony.

The fact that she is exalted and receives the peregrine Moon is arguably the strongest influence at locating her. If her primary sig had been peregrine in a cadent house, she probably would have been very far off and I would not have located her. She was inhibited from returning but not lost. Cats also have a sense of smell and instinct.
Part of Fortune

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit, I will stop here. Under your guidance, I learned a lot and had such a productive time. I really do appreciate all your patience.
Thanks again! Very Happy

My love to Faith and Myles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: