Part of Fortune wrote: According to McEvers, your new employment opportunity is signified by the Moon, the lord of 11th (6th from 6th) and you are Mercury.
The problem is that the job or employment of the querent is signified by the 10th.

The 6th signifies the querent's sevants or employees.

Rookie wrote:
Tanit3333 wrote:If the Mercury-Mars trine out of sign is an indication of leaving, it is 5 degrees, so one might expect it to be 5 months (or years). Maybe November - If not, it could be a while.

Tanit, this has been bothering me ever since I read the chart. Who is Mars in your reading and why is it relevant.
Additionally there seem to be a confusing, taking Venus for Mercury.

johannes susato wrote:
Part of Fortune wrote: According to McEvers, your new employment opportunity is signified by the Moon, the lord of 11th (6th from 6th) and you are Mercury.
The problem is that the job or employment of the querent is signified by the 10th.

The 6th signifies the querent's sevants or employees.
Hi johannes,

Frawley will agree with you for sure. Now don't get me wrong -- I don't disagree with you . . . as I mentioned earlier: "Since Mercury is taken as your current job situation and the Moon is taken as querent's significator, I would like to try a different method" -- so I have and I'm so glad you've responded.

Currently I'm expanding my resources of horary reading beyond Frawley and Louis' books (these were two wonderful books I started with and I still follow their methods). Such as regarding Mercury conjunct the Sun. According to Mc Evers, if I'm not mistaken, she reads that a significator conjunct Sun will be a positive thing (just like Jupiter and Venus are). Here I wasn’t sure the Sun will bring positive results on an already stressed out Mercury (also I read somewhere that approaching aspect with retrograde planet might not necessary bring a favorable result) so I went along with Frawley.

Lee Lehman explains about 6th and 10th about "Job" situation in "The Martial Art of Horary Astrology" which I thought was very interesting and here's an excerpt (pg. 180):

"The differentiation between the houses can be somewhat tricky. Perhaps the simplest way to determine this is to ask whether the Querent has a boss figure over her or him that needs to be considered. If the Querent has considerable autonomy and there is no supervising figure, then the job itself is 10th House. If there is a day-to-day supervisor, then the job is probably not 10th house."

Rookie might not have a day-to-day supervisor looking over his shoulder (I don’t know the real situation) but he is new in his current employment. He said business is in distress and the pressure to turn it around is intense. He is quite stressed out about making mistakes etc. . . he definitely seems to feel under observation by those who hired him – all the time.

Anyway, I thought it is interesting to add a different point of view.

johannes susato wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Tanit3333 wrote:If the Mercury-Mars trine out of sign is an indication of leaving, it is 5 degrees, so one might expect it to be 5 months (or years). Maybe November - If not, it could be a while.

Tanit, this has been bothering me ever since I read the chart. Who is Mars in your reading and why is it relevant.
Additionally there seem to be a confusing, taking Venus for Mercury.

This thread is very confusing from the start.

johannes, if I'm not confused (fingers crossed), Tanit is referring to the original chart Rookie has posted (on May 28th). But, that chart was not a valid chart because the date said it was erected on Tuesday May 29, 2018 (one day ahead of actual date) then he posted that very chart on Monday, May 28, 2018 (later he reposted 2nd chart using the correct date).

Tanit's reading of "Mercury-Mars trine out of sign is an indication of leaving, it is 5 degrees" is I believe taken from May 29th chart which shows Mercury was placed at 29 TAU 3' 38" and Mars @ 4 AQU 41'38". The correct degree of Mercury should be at 27 TAU 19'24" which is responding to Rookie’s question and it should have been dated on May 28th.

My recent post (on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:29 pm) was all about this confusion of a wrong chart being posted at the very beginning. . . I recently revisited the thread (Mercury Rx, I think) – I started to read, then got all confused because I had forgotten that this thread had a wrong chart and a correct chart and so on.

By the way, Mercury was not retrograde back then but this time Mercury certainly didn’t let go the perfect opportunity to apply his tricks. :D

Yes, I only interpreted and will interpret the initial chart, which was the one edited with the correct date on the first page. I don't like repeat questions on the same matter very much. The meaning/symbolism becomes muddled (if it wasn't already to begin with) and it also is rather obsessive. Sometimes we need to make decisions based on the info given in one chart, and via our own intuition and intelligence.

PoF - I am glad I am not the only one NOT confused in the thread. :lol:
Tanit, this has been bothering me ever since I read the chart. Who is Mars in your reading and why is it relevant
Who knows? If you are unable to decipher it then maybe forget it. The symbolism is supposed to be meant to aid you, since it is your chart and your question, and not torture you. Personally, if horary is not helping me with a situation, I stop using it or maybe seek a professional astrologer. If you are a person of prayer, maybe that would be the best thing to do for guidance.

Part of Fortune wrote: This thread is very confusing from the start.
Hello Part of Fortune,

you are so right, but your text made me have the thread ordered in my mind and understanding:

the first chart is totally wrong
the second chart is correct
the third chart, citing the first one, is wrong of course
[another chart is announced to be posted in another thread]
the fourth and fifth chart (erected by you for Rookie) are with a new question:
"Is there a new employment opportunity in the near future for me?"

Thanks a lot! :D

Since Mercury is taken as your current job situation and the Moon is taken as querent's significator, I would like to try a different method. According to McEvers, your new employment opportunity is signified by the Moon, the lord of 11th (6th from 6th) and you are Mercury. So the situation will be that the Moon will trine Mercury before Mercury combust the Sun. There might be some chance of a new employer in the future, but will you get the new job and how soon? We have to look for the overall condition of the Moon, Mercury and the Sun who is also placed in 11th.

The Moon is peregrine and placed in an unfortunate house and disposited by Mars Rx (one of the natural rulers of 8th). Mars in a fixed sign, the Sun separated from Mars. The Moon is in a movable sign and also separated from the Sun (I don’t know what these separations from the Sun signify). Your significator Mercury is disposited by the Sun as well as peregrine. Retrograde Mercury could mean revisit or delayed (or both. . . I am wondering about the company you interviewed back in June; could this be showing up here?).

Anyway, as I said earlier there might be some job offer (in a few months or sooner, maybe?) but Sun might block you from getting it or if you accept it, possibly you will be burned out. So be patient with the current job (Saturn Rx – you are an employee) and make the best you can of it.[/quote]

I understand that there has been some issues within this thread, but to be fair, I wanted to update the status or the queries. On Friday, I received an urgent call from the employer that I phone interviewed with back in June telling me that the situation and what they are looking to achieve has changed. I will be interviewing in person on Wednesday. The timing is in line with what Tanit3333 suggested that the timing would be roughly 5 months

Tanit3333 wrote:
If the Mercury-Mars trine out of sign is an indication of leaving, it is 5 degrees, so one might expect it to be 5 months (or years). Maybe November - If not, it could be a while.

Thanks Tanit. I am actually very relieved. Enjoying some time off. It was the worst year career wise of my life!

What I am hoping is that we can learn something from the horary, with all the errors and all. It was truly a from the heart question and I am sure the answer was in the chart somewhere

I think several of us stated the difficulty with Mars and that is probably the primary thing to look at. Mars often rules separations, as mentioned. The problem with this is that the chart had the incorrect date, which makes the time suspect too and it sounds like you might have repeated the question. Next time I would pay extra attention to the date and time. This is by no means an easy chart so the outcome is not exactly surprising to anyone, I am guessing, if we assume the chart is readable. I am guessing suggestions for improvement in the chart are emphasizing change in the current status quo, meaning leaving the job. That is probably why Mercury is at a critical degree conjunct Algol and approaching combustion (such as in another thread recently where I mentioned that combustion can show endings and a purification process). The applying waxing to full Moon does not really suggest an ending so much as a crisis point in the end probably though and I sometimes forget to look at that. It isn't a complete full Moon yet in the chart but it is pretty close. Full Moons are a build up of energy when applying, for good or bad. Considering how unhappy you were with the job and how unsteady it already was, again, such an outcome is hardly surprising even without horary. Ultimately, as astrologer, it is your chart to make sense of though. We can only say what we see.