Should I take the plunge? Leap of faith

:???:
I am in a peculiar situation and require your astro guidence.
My teenage daughter is joining a part time certificate course in tourism and travel at her college. Suddenly I too am interested in doing the same.The course is weekend starting from June end.

Well you see, I am 47 year male,out of job since couple of years, from banking background.

Traveling has always been my passion ,I love exploring different cultures specially from food point if view ????

I have often read and heard follow your passion. Well if I take the plunge and do this course will it benefit me in future.

Seriously i mean me from banking sector, @47 age, not finding a job, expecting to make a career in new field by doing a short term course in a new field, i mean am i being practical.

or planets are leading me to that path.(jupiter later in 9H,and conjunct sagitt mc, going fwd, uranus in 3house later, saturn too moving out of capri 10 h)

or is it neptune on my asdt now making me a confused and daydreaming person. Mars will also be turning retro.is it a good idea to initiate something new then?

My greatest fear is joining the course and not able to complete it due to any reason.

Not to.mention embarassment of sharing the lectures with students more than half my age besides my daughter ????????

Request inputs based on my chart

Dheerpat - I am looking at the horary you requested I send you in December and am feeling like you didn't read it:

What I sent from the chart from Dec 27 at 21:45 pm in Dublin, CA... with pertinent info: your approach needs to change if you wish to find a job. This means that your current methods are unlikely to be successful and that you need to try something different. Since the Moon is applying towards the sign of its exaltation, Taurus, and is entering the 9th house, it might suggest work being more successfully found through travel, education, the sciences, religion or other 9th house matters.

I also mentioned your Saturn profection ends around the middle of the year, since your chart is at the middle of the sign in the ascendant - your profections change in the middle of the year. Your Saturn profection is contributing to difficulty, since it is in your 2nd and is retrograde and peregrine to begin with. That means beginning a Jupiter profection, which certainly can bring positive change and education.

Tanit3333 wrote:Dheerpat - I am looking at the horary you requested I send you in December and am feeling like you didn't read it:

What I sent from the chart from Dec 27 at 21:45 pm in Dublin, CA... with pertinent info: your approach needs to change if you wish to find a job. This means that your current methods are unlikely to be successful and that you need to try something different. Since the Moon is applying towards the sign of its exaltation, Taurus, and is entering the 9th house, it might suggest work being more successfully found through travel, education, the sciences, religion or other 9th house matters.

I also mentioned your Saturn profection ends around the middle of the year, since your chart is at the middle of the sign in the ascendant - your profections change in the middle of the year. Your Saturn profection is contributing to difficulty, since it is in your 2nd and is retrograde and peregrine to begin with. That means beginning a Jupiter profection, which certainly can bring positive change and education.
Hi Tanit,
How are you, how forgetful of me , actually suddenly this thing came up (while pondering upon daughters future studies and career) and ever since has been going round and round in my head.I remember now that there was some error in pm by which your message was not appearing. Anyways.

So I take it it's a good course to take and a good study (even though the subject taught is at very basic level, need more money if undertaking from a Pvt institute where they teach practical also like ticketing etc.)

Can you guide on languages too was thinking of taking French or Chinese. Is the time appropriate for that I mean Saturn retro transit over mercury , should I wait for it to turn direct.?

btw when this Jupiter protection began and how long does it lasts.Like never heard of profections , all I know is transit and progression.
Thanks

dheerpat, I think you would get a lot of enjoyment out of such a course. If you haven't discussed your interest with your daughter, I suggest you do so. Aso, if your biggest worry is dropping out before completing the course, I wouldn't see that as so serious. As the saying goes, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." It's not like you'd be the first student on the planet to drop out of a course, mid-term. Also, if you decide part way through the course that this line of work isn't for you, it's good to find out sooner rather than later.

The 9th house rules overseas travel and higher education. You've got benefic Jupiter ruling your ascendant and in the 9th house. With your Jupiter-ruled Sagittarian moon in the 9th conjunct your MC (career point,) I think you would enjoy learning about the travel industry.

My only caution is your out-of-sign Jupiter-Neptune conjunction. Neither one of these planets is highly realistic. Together they can give people more idealism and enthusiasm than a situation actually warrants. Then they risk an inevitable disappointment. But if you approach this program as realistically as you can, and with your mature understanding of self-discipline, I don't see that Jupiter-Neptune has to be a problem.

In terms of a career change, the ruler of your 10th house of career is Jupiter, which gets us back to the 9th house travel loop. It seems like a better fit for you than banking, quite honestly; although your chart does show some talent in that area.

Good luck with your decision.

waybread wrote:dheerpat, I think you would get a lot of enjoyment out of such a course. If you haven't discussed your interest with your daughter, I suggest you do so. Aso, if your biggest worry is dropping out before completing the course, I wouldn't see that as so serious. As the saying goes, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." It's not like you'd be the first student on the planet to drop out of a course, mid-term. Also, if you decide part way through the course that this line of work isn't for you, it's good to find out sooner rather than later.

The 9th house rules overseas travel and higher education. You've got benefic Jupiter ruling your ascendant and in the 9th house. With your Jupiter-ruled Sagittarian moon in the 9th conjunct your MC (career point,) I think you would enjoy learning about the travel industry.

My only caution is your out-of-sign Jupiter-Neptune conjunction. Neither one of these planets is highly realistic. Together they can give people more idealism and enthusiasm than a situation actually warrants. Then they risk an inevitable disappointment. But if you approach this program as realistically as you can, and with your mature understanding of self-discipline, I don't see that Jupiter-Neptune has to be a problem.

In terms of a career change, the ruler of your 10th house of career is Jupiter, which gets us back to the 9th house travel loop. It seems like a better fit for you than banking, quite honestly; although your chart does show some talent in that area.

Good luck with your decision.
Thank you sir, I will take a leap of faith then the course starts first week of July.My worry was so many energies at present, retrogressions, mars nodal, etc etc.
BTW is not it good that the 2 rulers of ascendant are in conjunction, and are presently trining Neptune transit? I read somewhere with venus in cancer shortly the water trines will ease out.
What my plan is 3 pronged.
1) this certificate course which gets over by Dec end.

2) IATA certification which starts in September(4 months)
3) learning language (french ???? or Chinese ?????) self taught as far as I can.Since I don't have finances to do this additionally.
4) keep looking for a job, any job(which I am not able to land yet,2 years now????????)

1) cost 100 USD, it's a basic theoretical course, 2) is professional certification costing USD 700 ( with practical hands on airline reservation systems etc).

Here again I would have done both 1) 2) but due to low finances cannot.

Anyways. Like I said I never intended to enter banking, I am a science grad, my job with Thomas cook foreign exchange led me to banks then one thing to another.(back in 2000).

So what lies ahead, till December, and beyond that.????

Speaking of which attaching my next SR from dec-18 to 19.perhaps something is visible there .

PS: Guess my Jupiter return yet to begin? 26 degrees?

There are no guarantees in astrology-- or in life. So often a nice transit is balanced by a difficult one, and vice versa. Rather, build on your knowledge that you are strong enough to get through difficult times.

(Mrs.) Waybread

How are you, how forgetful of me , actually suddenly this thing came up (while pondering upon daughters future studies and career) and ever since has been going round and round in my head.I remember now that there was some error in pm by which your message was not appearing. Anyways.
Yes, but I resent it when that happened and you responded to the message and made comments on things I said, so... I think it is better others respond.