View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding
Notes on the nativity and death of Jean Baptiste-Morin
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Sect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jens

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Sect Reply with quote

Hi

It is said Saturn is warmed in a day chart.
Yet it remains at the same distance from the Sun as it normally is though it may be in a nearby sign.Hence,it isn`t warmed at all, only to our eyes.
But I think the Greeks were aware of its distance from the Sun,making it cold,both in day or night charts.What do you think? Did I mis something?
SteveGus

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea behind "warming" Saturn is that he acts less malefic in day charts. Saturn gains an accidental dignity by having the Sun above the horizon. His character remains cold and dry (solid) but he is likelier to express these traits in positive rather than negative terms, especially if he is well aspected or dignified.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81
zoidsoft

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word translated as sect is "αἵρεσις" (hairesis) which means division or school of thought... A more perspicuous comparison would be to see this division as a political arrangement where the day and night schools are like political parties. The sect in power versus the sect not in power or loyal opposition. The malefics Mars and Saturn operate as "No" (when providing testimony) in the process when they have power so their natures have to be reversed to be in agreement with the benefic agenda of the political party that they belong to. There are multiple schemes to visualize these. The one you chose is based upon Aristotle's elemental qualities. But this one dovetails with the legal paradigm that Robert Schmidt explicated.
Hsn1983

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Saturn in day chart works better in the houses above the horizon for instance in the 12th success against enemies,
In my day birth chart I have saturn retrograde in scorpio which is the 4th placidus house system 5th by whole sign house system I have had a lot of misfortune in my social/fun life for 30 years or so, much worse during saturn return and opposing natal place in aries,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: